Mark your calendars, Taiwanese American Cultural Festival is nearly here!
We Heart Taiwan!
And we want everyone to know it. On May 12, 2018, Union Square in San Francisco will host the 26th annual Taiwanese American Cultural Festival-—the largest Taiwan-centric event on the west coast. Each year for the past 26 years, this all-day, free-to-the-public event has attracted thousands of attendees, brought in local and international Taiwanese celebrities and received accolades from prominent government officials. The Festival’s goals are simple:
- Celebrate the start of Asian Heritage Month
- Showcase and promote awareness of Taiwan and Taiwanese culture
- Strengthen relations among the community, Taiwanese and Taiwanese-American generations
The festival is 100% organized, run and funded by volunteers and donors like you, so we need your help to make sure this year’s festival will be just as successful—and even more so than previous years. For the past several years, two 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations had led the charge: Taiwanese American Professionals - San Francisco (TAP-SF) and Taiwanese American Federation of Northern California (TAFNC).
In this month's issue:
- March Madness is here! Join our TAP-SF Bracket Challenge by Thurs 2/15 @ 9am.
- Enjoy a night out in SF on Fri 3/23 at Laugh for Lives, a comedy show fundraiser, and get $10 off with discount code "TAPSF".
- Volunteer at the Second Harvest Food Bank in San Carlos this weekend.
- Sign up for TAP-SF's Bay to Breakers team.
- View all the pictures from our Lunar New Year Soiree.
***Eventbrite Ticket REQUIRED for FREE/PAID entry:
When was the last time you had a professional headshot taken for yourself, or updated your Linkedin photo? Here's your chance for a new look for the New Year! TAP-SF is kicking off 2018 with a fun happy hour and a headshot session taken by our professional photographer. Come join us for a drink, receive a head shot, and mingle with friends, both old and new!
When: Thursday, January 25th @ 6 PM
Where: Alchemist Bar & Lounge (679 3rd St, San Francisco, CA 94107, second floor)
Cost: Free Entry (*Eventbrite Ticket REQUIRED*), $15 for a professional headshot (Buy ticket on Eventbrite)
Dress Code: Smart casual
For questions, contact: Patti (firstname.lastname@example.org)/ Shin (email@example.com)/ Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About us: Taiwanese American Professionals, San Francisco Chapter (TAP-SF) is a non-profit organization. Our goal is to enhance community by networking individuals interested in career and professional development, and providing resources that develop and support professionals to become community-oriented leaders. From professional development to community service, there's something at TAP-SF for everyone.
The holidays are approaching and we’re all in the spirit of giving back to our community and loved ones! With that in mind, we interviewed someone who embodies service and generosity, TAP-SF’s Internal Vice President, Alex Wu. He has been a dedicated member of TAP-SF for 3 years and was formerly Health & Wellness Chair where he organized several camping trips and hikes. He currently manages Community Service events at TAP-SF. We chat with him about our annual Family Giving Tree event and why he has attended for the last 3 years!
Read the interview and learn about the power of community service at TAP-SF. Interested in helping put on more events like this? Apply to be Community Service Chair!
In this month's issue:
- The new board had their first retreat -- spoiler alert, it was AWESOME!
- Snag those $10 pre-sale tickets to the Halloween Bash ASAP here
- Learn to repair bikes with the Silicon Valley Bike Coalition for a great cause
- Congratulations to TAPasaurSF for coming in FIRST PLACE in their division at the Dragon Boat Festival!
Read the full version.
Glamour, romance, drama, and all-Asian cast -- what's not to love?
Global Entry just got a whole lot better.
The show starts filming at the end of this year and we have such high hopes. Finger's crossed it actually airs on Netflix!