TAP-SF Board Applications
Being on the TAP-SF board is a great way to foster community in the bay area, gain leadership experience, and collaborate with some of the most talented and passionate people in the Bay Area. If you’re ready to get involved and lead as a chair, we’d love to hear from you! If you're not sure that you're ready to lead a team but want to help out, fill out an application anyway and join as a committee member.
Please review the positions below and send us an application if you think you’re a match.
- Be responsible and accountable for any events or programs related to your position
- Attend monthly board meetings (~2 hours) and relevant planning meetings
- Attend TAP-SF board retreats 2x per year
- Recommended to attend national retreats 2x per year
- Attend TAP-SF events when possible
- Collaborate cross-functionally on larger events such as Taiwanese American Culture Festival, Lunar New Year Banquet, etc.
- Document all work for knowledge sharing purposes
- Recruit, train, and manage committee members to help with events and programs as needed
Time commitment for chairs is ~10 hours/week.
Currently, all chair positions are filled, however we're always looking for more people to help out as committee members!
- Generate awareness of Taiwanese culture and history in the Bay Area
- Host the annual Lunar New Year Celebration (Jan/Feb)
- Host TAPpy Hours
- Host the annual End of Year Banquet (Aug)
- Collaborate with other organizations where relevant to expand the TAP-SF network
Community Service Chair
- Generate opportunities for TAP-SF members to give back to the community and increase Taiwanese American presence in the community
- Plan and execute community service events that help the Taiwanese American and local community
- Coordinate with other community organizations where relevant
Professional Development Chair
- Generate opportunities to strengthen the professional interests of TAP-SF members
- Plan and execute the TAP-SF Professional Series (monthly workshops/seminars)
- Collaborate with other professional organizations where relevant
- Build relationships with guest speakers and other figures in the professional community
- Host an annual large-scale professional event
Cultural Festival Director
- Host the annual San Francisco Taiwanese American Cultural Festival (TACF)
- Collaborate with TAP’s first generation organizations and co-hosts for TACF
- Recruit, train, and lead the second generation team for TACF
- Innovate how the organization plans an launches events via multiple communication channels.
- Revamp and update the TAP-SF website and other online accounts
- Propose, launch, iterate new tech ideas
Health and Wellness Chair
- Works closely with the Social chair to generate and execute new ideas to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to TAP-SF members
- Host sporting events such as Hikes, Volleyball Tournament, Bike Rides, Tahoe Trips, Beach Days, etc.
- Organize fitness challenges and competitions
- Collaborate with the Secretary and Tech Chair as needed on design and creation of collateral
- Manage the overall design and branding of all TAP-SF collateral across print and digital media
- Serve as the design resource for the board
- Develop and execute membership strategy, including specific programs focused on growing the TAP-SF membership base
- Work closely with Treasurer to manage and oversee continuous improvement of existing TAP-SF paid membership
- Work with other board members to determine ways to leverage their events/programs to achieve membership goals
- Collaborate with Treasurer to lead all fundraising efforts of TAP-SF, including general fundraising and specific events
- Support fundraising efforts for TAP-SF events and programs as needed, including solicitation of monetary donations, in-kind contributions, and/or raffle prizes
- Build the TAP-SF corporate sponsorship package and manage the sponsor recruitment effort